I wanted to give an update on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list! It’s going along nicely. I ended up changing a few things because of certain changes in my life. I think that may be cheating, but life happens and I think this list should be what’s on my bucket list right now. I wrote this list in September 2016 and some things have changed.
Come up with 101 things.
- Go a month without spending money on clothes/fun items.
- Publish a blog post every day for a month.
Discover a new TV show. (This Is Us, Sept. 2016) Work out three times a week for a month.(Spring 2017)
- Try 5 new healthy recipes.
Learn to grill. Get to bed by 11 p.m. every night for three weeks. (spring 2018)
- Partner up with another blogger for a post.
- Double my Instagram following.
- Do 15 new fashion posts.
Take photos of Williamsburg in the Fall. (October/November 2016)
- Spend 20 minutes reading before bed for two weeks. (June 2018)
Do 20 squats every day for two weeks.(Spring 2017)
- Visit my friend in Boston.
- Visit Virginia Beach.
- Take a road trip with friends.
Complete December Daily again. (December 2016. Check it out here.)
- Go 48 hours without social media.
- Go swimming in the Atlantic.
- Go to an amusement park.
Read a non-fiction novel. (Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham, December 2016) Listen to a podcast series.(Young Adulting) Play Never Have I Ever with my law school friends.
- Host a tea party with friends.
- Have a picnic on the main W&M campus with friends.
- Host a brunch at the house.
- Learn to play golf (this one’s for you, Dad!)
- See 11 new movies. (The Post; The Greatest Showman; Home Again; Wonder; Fifty Shades Freed; I, Tonya; The Darkest Hour; Call Me By Your Name; Lady Bird; Love, Simon; I Feel Pretty)
- Read 11 new books. (Talking As Fast As I Can; Small Admissions; I’ll See You in Paris; Lunch in Paris; Commonwealth; The City Baker’s Guide to Country Living; Call Me By Your Name)
- Re-Read the entire Harry Potter Series.
- Do a DIY project for the house.
- Learn to braid my hair.
- Surprise someone I love.
- Give someone a gift for no apparent reason.
- Try 4 new restaurants. (Circa, Le Diplomate, District Commons)
Attend a William and Mary Football game.(Sept. 17 2016) Find the Crim Dell Bridge (and Instagram it, obviously). October 9, 2016
- Finish the A Beautiful Mess Photography Course.
- Visit 4 new places. (Washington, DC;)
- Spend an entire day relaxing with friends.
Spend a full day with my sister and Greg. (Summer 2017)
- Make something for my niece.
- Improve my handwriting.
Get a good summer job. (Legal Services of Northern CA, Summer 2017; Federal Communications Commission, Summer 2018) Get out of bed every day at 7:00 am for two weeks.
- Stop hitting snooze.
- Improve my presence on all social media accounts.
Visit Saint Mary’s when I’m in CA.(Mar. 2018)
- Make a Scrapbook of my 1L year.
Make a law journal. (Business Law Review)
- Get involved in at least two things at the law school. (William and Mary Business Law Review, Student Intellectual Property Society)
Be featured on another Instagram account.(History in High Heels, here).
- Try fried Brussel sprouts.
- Go 2 weeks without sugar (chocolate, etc.)
- Connect with a blogger I admire.
- Send postcards to my college friends.
- Watch a sporting event in a bar.
Feature friends in a law school series.(Evelyn: Taking Law School to Work, Holly: Posted about Graduate School)
- Visit New York.
Go to Washington, D.C. for the first time!(Feb. 2018, will be spending summer 2018 there) Vote in the Presidential Election. (2016 Election; Trump v. Clinton)
- Journal every day for a month.
- Find a good VA wine.
- Go wine tasting in VA.
- Get a good job upon graduating law school.
- Read the newspaper every day for a month.
- Visit 4 new states that are not already included in previous items.
- Visit Nantucket.
- See Monticello.
- Visit Mount Vernon.
- Cultivate a more “grown-up” wardrobe. (in-progress as of July 2018)
- Get rid of clothing I don’t wear.
- Write a children’s story for my niece.
- Solidify my personal style.
Go a week without caffeine.(October 2016, after having health issues)
- Learn to ride a bike.
- Watch the sunset with friends.
Take a tour of Jamestown. (October 9, 2016) See Yorktown.(October 2016). Visit my aunt in North Carolina.(Thanksgiving 2016)
- Buy someone’s drink behind me at Starbucks.
- Try being vegetarian for two weeks.
Overcome my fear of cold-calling. (Stopped caring in Constitutional Law Spring 2017 – I was forced to just be okay with the cold calling *laughs*)
- Reach out to a friend I fell out of touch with.
- Visit Ireland.
- Try something outside my comfort zone. (Soul Cycle in DC! Ended up loving, but was seriously freaked before my first class)
- Develop a morning routine.
FaceTime a friend I haven’t seen in a while. (Holly, 2018)
- Start sending letters to my pen pal again.
- Read 5 classics.
- Go to a concert.
- Learn a better way to manage money.
- Mail a care package to my sister when my niece is born. (January 2017)
Try a spin class.Sept. 26, 2016
- Somehow talk to Stephanie Danler & read whatever new release she has.
- Graduate law school.
- Dedicate more consistent time to blogging.
- Get back into a yoga practice.
- Create a Williamsburg, VA travel guide.
- Start writing again.
The list still has a way to go! I have until next June to complete it, so here’s to hoping I accomplish all 101 things!