So, I originally planned to do a 2016 goals post, but that felt like too much of a resolutions post. Instead of “goals” only, I wanted to also say some things I’m looking forward to in the new year.
- Meditate More and Get Back Into Yoga | I really miss doing yoga regularly. I’m hoping to get back into it, and I hope to meditate more because I think it’s healthy and helpful.
- Eat healthy, and drink more water | When my diet is messed up, I feel miserable a lot. I’m trying to get back into eating really healthy and steering clear of things I’m not supposed to eat.
- Attempt to accept that I can’t control everything | This is self-explanatory, and I’ll keep you posted with how it goes. I’m not good at accepting that there are some things I can’t control.
- Become a morning person again | I really want to try to get up early and start my day on a positive note. I’m hoping to get a routine down that I can stick with. I’m feeling particularly inspired after reading this blog post.
- Read The New York Times and other newspapers more | I love staying informed and keeping up with the news, but I really want to read print newspapers more.
- Write hand-written letters to my college friends over the summer | I think it’s fun to get snail mail, so I want to write each of my friends letters over the summer while we’re all starting the next chapter of our lives.
- Journal more frequently | I used to journal almost daily. With my busy schedule, journaling sort of fell of my radar. However, it’s really therapeutic for me, so I’d like to start it up again.
- Re-Read the Harry Potter Series | I’m on Order of the Phoenix now, and I want to get through 5, 6, and 7 before I go to law school!
- Cherish every moment | Again, I’ll keep you posted!
Things I Look Forward To
- Graduating College
- Figuring out where I’ll be next academic year | Law school? But where?
- Having a new start | Regardless of how things turn out, I’m excited to see where life takes me once I’m a college graduate.
- Trying new things | I’ll keep you posted on what the new things will be, but I’m ready to step outside my comfort zone!
What are you most excited for in 2016?