Halloween is on Friday, which means October is almost over! Oh, no… I refuse to accept this for multiple reasons. One being that after Halloween it is no longer socially acceptable to binge watch Halloween movies. I love holiday themed movies. Though my favorite are Christmas, I still love myself a good Halloween movie. When I was little I used to get all my homework done really quickly after school so I could watch the movies that played on Disney during October. I thought it’d be fun to compile a list of my favorite Halloween movies. To be honest, I kind of dislike really graphic and gruesome Halloween movies, so my list is more family oriented.
1) Halloweentown. Basically all movies in this series are just the best. They’re cheesy, sure, but there is something so wholesomely Halloween about them. These films encapsulate my entire childhood in regard to Halloween. I really wanted to be Marnie for a while…or at least just find out I was secretly a witch. I wanted some cool powers like any other girl.
2) Hocus Pocus. This movie used to kind of scare me, but I would always want to watch it. I guess I kind of liked being a little scared as a child. This movie is just so great…especially the part when the witches sing at the Halloween party. Oh goodness.
3) The Addams Family. Again, the movie kind of scared me, but I still always enjoyed it. You know something else? My sister and her fiance are going as Morticia and Gomez for Halloween this year. I’m so excited to see their costumes!
4) Harry Potter Series. Okay, okay, you got me. These aren’t Halloween movies specifically, but some feature Halloween time in them… and they’re about witches, wizards, supernatural, etc. SO, I’m going to go ahead and make the argument that it is perfectly acceptable to watch these films during Halloween.
5) Casper the Friendly Ghost. Hilary Duff as a young girl who’s friends with a ghost? What more can we ask for? I always adored this movie, cheesiness aside. I guess I had a major thing for witches, and I really wanted some powers.
What are your favorite Halloween movies?