My birthday is coming up in a few weeks (August 1st), and people in my life keep asking me what I would like. I answer them with the usual things, maybe a gift card to iTunes, Barnes and Noble, or a Visa gift card. But honestly, there are things that I want that I would feel weird asking for as a birthday gift. Maybe it’s because they’re kind of expensive, but I don’t know, usually I don’t even care if people get me a gift, just as long as I get to see them and spend time with them, especially if they’re people I don’t see often. My sister asked me what I thought I wanted to do for my birthday this year, and I had no idea how to answer that question. All my close friends live in other places than where I currently am, and my close friends from Chico aren’t really a cohesive group. I thought about just going to dinner, but I don’t know. I feel like I’m really big on celebrating other people’s birthdays, but when it comes to mine, I never know what I want or what I want to do.
However, if I had to compile a birthday wish list for the birthday version of Santa, or everything was free, it would probably look something like this:
1) I’ve wanted a really good camera for years, but have never gotten one that is really sturdy, and my cameras usually break despite the fact that I take really good care of them. So, I desperately want to obtain a Canon Rebel T3i at some point. I’ve researched a lot of cameras, and I think this camera would be great for getting into photography. I’m also hoping to have more pictures on here, so I’m hoping that if I can get a really good camera my possibilities for photos multiply.
2) Something I’m really addicted to? Scarves! I have so many scarves, it’s a little ridiculous, but as soon as weather allows, I am basically always wearing a scarf. This particular patterned scarf is from Cost Plus World Market. They have really beautiful scarves that are pretty good quality, and they’re not outrageously priced.
3) I also have a love of mugs, which is probably because I drink tea constantly when I’m in school, and even when I’m not. Tea is just part of my daily routine, and I always feel more awake and energetic when my tea is in a fancy, adorable mug. This mug is from Modcloth, and reads “just my type,” with a photo of a typewriter underneath. I figured it would be perfect for when I’m reading, writing papers, and creating stories during the upcoming school year.
4) Something that I’ve really been wanting lately is a bunch of simple little rings to wear. I’ve always liked the look of various rings, but I always have a hard time finding rings I actually want. This photo is taken from Pinterest, and I would love any of the rings featured on the hand. I like the mixing of gold and silver. The whole matchy-matchy thing is fairly archaic. Also, I would love a ring with an elephant on it! If you find one that is somewhat cheap, please let me know.
5) Lastly, I love brown leather purses. I try different styles of purses, but almost always end up back with a brown leather bag. This purse is Kate Spade (naturally). The inside material is adorable, and it’s a good quality purse so it would last a long time. I prefer cross body bags, but I have been having trouble finding that style in a purse that I really love.
Anyway, this wish list has items that I would love to have, but probably won’t have for at least a while. If you could compile the perfect dream birthday wish list, what would it contain?